Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Mental Health

One of the first thing I learned during recent happenings at the office is to expect the unexpected when it comes to change. Be adaptable if you want to survive. There is really no two ways about it, sad to say. And one of the best thing, I think, about being in the company for so long, is that you somehow know how much support you can expect facing the changes. There is little, next to none, change management. We are expected to take it or leave it, that is how I put it best. Still, another precious thing I learned, which I will take it with me for life, and is so simple that you may be staring at it right in front of your face, yet do not notice it: that mental health, like physical health, is your own personal responsibility. You don't expect your employer to support you in any manner when pressing work is at stake. You have to deal with your work related stress in your own way; employers do not own you, the general worker, that much, let us be real about it.      

No comments: