Tuesday, February 03, 2009

I Didn't Know Poem Can Be Amusing...Seriously.

Unfortunate Coincidence

By the time you swear you're his,
Shivering and sighing,
And he vows his passion is
Infinite, undying -
Lady, make a note of this:
One of you is lying

- Dorothy Parker

Okay, I admit, my perspective of this most unfortunate coincidence is rather lame.

Intimates

Don't you care for my love? she said bitterly.

I handed her the mirror, and said:
Please address these questions to the proper person!
Please make all requests to head-quarters!
In all matters of emotional importance
please approach the supreme authority direct!
So I handed her the mirror.

And she would have broken it over my head,
but she caught a sight of her own reflection
and that held her spell-bound for two seconds
while I fled.

- D. H. Lawrence

Okay, here I flee...

No comments: