Sunday, February 08, 2009

Fall from Grace

Like all humans, I love to read about people falling from grace...

That's Michael Phelps smoking a cannabis pipe, in case you are wondering.

Though to a lesser degree, Singapore has its own celebrity falling from grace - in my eyes, that is. Presenting Jamie Yeo, who I admired for her honesty, with her now infamous I-had-my-first-orgasm-at-6 proclamation. No, not because parents were up in arms over the appropriateness of her post, in view of STOMP's high teenage readership. Rather, it's because of this:

"At that age, I couldn't even spell orgasm."

- A woman on TV presenter Jamie Yeo's claim that she had her first orgasm at age 6 (quoted from the New Paper on Sunday, 8 Feb 09)

There you go, the spell had been broken - no pun intended. And I awoke from a fairy-tale so convincingly real. So, did Jamie have or have not a orgasm at 6? I guess we will never know. But that's not the point, isn't it? Damn, to think that I only know about "masturbation" at 12. Oops...

You know, the thing about blogging, or writing in general, is that reality tends to be stretched, especially if you are writing from memory. It's nobody's fault, of course; definitely not Jamie's. Blame it on my naivety.

P.S.: Now, it seems that Jamie Yeo's post has been edited - memory no. 10 is missing. Well, so be it.

"Be gone, the embodiment of my naivety, the smudge of my embarrassment, be gone!"

- recited with the back of one hand on forehead.

1 comment:

(T) (H) (B) said...

Heng ah... Whatever i write is not controversial cos it is meant to be.. ahhahaha

I first was at 5. hahah