Friday, January 12, 2007

Short Take: Love and Tree

Short take: Now, I am beginning to think that one will have problem with love when one often associates it with tree. Like the Chinese saying, how one won't give up a whole forest for the sake of a tree, meaning one refuses to change his wayward skirt-chasing days to settle for one love. The teenager in my view, spouting complete nonsense beside me on a bus home, proposed to his friend on a handphone that he would just burn the lone tree. Then, it occurred to me that the forest might well catch the flames from the lone tree. Sooner than said, the greenery would be turned into smoky, barren ashes. Eventually, he would be left all alone. I, for once, thought that maybe I have been ignoring the existence of the forest, searching for the perfectly shaped love.

No comments: