Monday, November 06, 2006

A Fine Day

First count: my book review got published at this website. Although this isn't my first, there is still an adrenalin rush about it - utterly unfathomable!

Second count: Chelsea lost? Arsenal lost? Double Shocker! I always thought games at White Hart Lane are potential banana skins for "The Big Four". And Sheringham and company are on a high.

Third count: KL called during lunch after having not heard from him for some time. We talked soccer (Chelsea lost! Yahoo!), about work, lunch, my office (his ex-colleagues, that is), and Al, our mutual friend.

Apparently, Al left home, or in KL's words, disappeared - without a word. He sounded a little worried. It seems Al has always had problems with his family. I did not know, not that it was that surprising. Al, like me, has always been queer, a misfit socially, a weird child, a complete introvert.

For some reason, Al's parents could only guess he has gone to Hong Kong. Deep down, I wish I have his courage; pack my bag, leave my job and backpack to nowhere in particular. Europe, Japan, China - a few days here and there. Work for my keep, sleep on the street and smell like shit; I wish I have done all that first, but never mind, I can at least be happy for him. Somehow, both of us have a feeling that Al will appear soon; once his dough runs out or comes December as we have an examination to take. I will keep a lookout for him then...

A fine day this is. Well, in a weird way...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it does sound tempting... like an adventure..

kind of risky tho.. being on the street & all

Anonymous said...

god.. how i wish i could do that!