Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Meeting An Angel

She appeared in a flash on the seat behind the driver, beside me. She was like an angel in a flowery long skirt on a bus trip. To be honest, I have never actually seemed an angel, so I don't know what angels look like. But this one had long silky hair, bright innocent eyes coupled with long lashes and so-kissable lips. Her skin was pure porcelain-white. No doubt about it, she was so beautiful that she had to be an angel. She held open a copy of the free morning paper gracefully, remaining almost motionless throughout the journey except flipping the pages or reading the messages from her handphone - perhaps heaven was calling?

Although I had my earphones on, my other senses were like live wires. I found myself enveloped in some sort of a warp created by my own delusion. She seemed to be smiling at the corner of her lips - like Mona Lisa - and peeping at my attention to her every little move. As the bus swam its way gleefully through the sea of morning traffic, I almost went down on my knees for time to stop, to catch every moment forever in my mind's eye with my heart. I couldn't find any other way to treasure that moment and I wanted so much to. After all, it is not everyday that you get to sit beside an angel.

As I reached my destination, my red beauty (i.e. my MP3 player) popped up with a song about meeting an angel and facing the truth about destiny (James Blunt - You are Beautiful.mp3) : "You're beautiful, it's true. There must be an angel with a smile on her face, when she thought up that I should be with you. But it's time to face the truth, I will never be with you..." I felt a smile glowing on my face, but it was all grief inside. Dropping off, I thought, "It's time to face the truth...a life without love" as I watched the angel in a bus sped off ("And I will never be with you...")

PS: With thanks to OLT for her intro to the song and posting. Too often we find faces in the crowd who we think can match our destinies, only to end up learning to fall and pick ourselves up. The truth is, finding and keeping love is hard work and there is no fairy tale-like ending. I don't remember when I stop believing in fairy tales.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.