Saturday, June 04, 2016

These Days

Foreword

A poem sits me
down, pours a cup
of soul or two.
Now drunk, divided
between two unknowns:
The world outside
and inside.

===

Helper

Going to the market
used to be a breeze.

Of course, there were
the occasional arguments,

how a domestic helper
would come handy,

how your age-battered legs
ached.

Now a helper helps me
on my way

to forget how our arguments were
won or lost, how your legs

ached.

===
 
Stop Running

We can't
stop running.

Our hearts
thud, thud
thud

Our eyes
roll, roll
roll.

Until the first
time you
come before
me.

==

Untitled

Slow clouds push
me softly off the ground
to ride with the wind.
Horse's mane is my imagination
fluttering in the light
of day unblinking, staring
at my dreams.

==

P.S.: These are born of productive days, or days I have put aside for writing these craps, or poems, or whatever you may choose to call them.

No comments: