Saturday, June 09, 2012

Another Alex Ong...Almost!

Almost flew into rage at the SOTA concert hall last evening. When the performance just started, I could distinctly hear incessant ruffling of plastic bag behind me. And after the first movement, I turned back to see a little boy (what, three or four years old?) sitting in his mother's lap, with something in his hands wrapped in plastic bag. I was really infuriated and felt like standing up, staring at them, and pointing to the door, but I don't want to spoil my mood and the experience of the other audiences. During the interval, a man (probably a piano teacher, most of them, I think, are either music teachers or their students, I think) behind was referring to the incident and telling his companion how it is good to have children listening to classical music, and I thought:"Er, actually, it is good for adults too to listen to classical music!" Apart from the incident, I totally enjoyed the experience. When you are at peace with yourself, you are at peace with the world. By the way, the mother and son never came back for the my favourite piano concerto, "Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 5 Emperor", or at least that is what I thought. Classical music rocks!

No comments: