Wednesday, March 12, 2008

All About Songs and Melodies

I can't face myself in the mirror. I'm afraid to look back at my life and find only regrets. Like a book, page to page scribbled in wrinkles and crow's feet. So I sing to myself when I'm alone, to fill the lull, the fearful silence that beguiles reflection. And lest music and words seep away from life's reservoir, dry up.

-------------

Love - a serenade for the soul we are blessed with. Yet, I have forgotten the melody. As a broken piano, tuneless.

-------------

Every time, a warmth would swell from the chest. A tiny tremor, as songs from my youth are played. More than pleasant tunes, lyrics and pure sentimentality, they are like pockets of treasured memories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so well written :) a sad tale perhaps, but i feel happy reading.

(T) (H) (B) said...

Don emo leh... *hugz*