Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Bachelor's Weekend

Saturday. The Warlords was what the guys and I watched at Vivo City. Luckily, KL had the foresight to book the tickets online. You should have witnessed the long, trailing snake of people queuing, which had KL bragging - well, a little. Unlike "Lust, Caution", we did not talk much about the film, but we did agree once the light came on, that the first half of it with the wars was better than the second. I thought Jet Li acted well, Takeshi Kaneshiro was typical Takeshi Kaneshiro (no breakthrough for him, sorry to say that) and Xu Jinglei was under-utilised - come on, she definitely can do more with a complex character rather than the dubious one she had.

The highlight was the chat over drinks, of course. I loved my passion tea, with a scoop of vanilia ice cream. What did we guys talk about really? Well, for one, I was thinking of getting a new laptop to surf in libraries and got some "expert" advice from Ray. KL just bought a ipod and Ray was there to give a review. Then, KL snapped at Ray for being a nag, digging up if he has got a girlfriend, which was totally unnecessary - both the retort and the asking. I also took a swing at Ray for attempting to buy a Christmas gift that costs only $19++ for her wife. Any damsel out there fancies a towel set from your hubby? By the way, Ray has been married for 8 to 9 years - with the same woman, of course; enough said. We took our meals from Asian Kitchen, which serves some nice food, though nothing you can't find in a foodcourt; you pay for the quality I guess.

Sunday. The library is the first destination, with my loans due for return. Next, the pool perhaps, follow by the West Coast beach to watch the sea, feel the breeze on my face, and to finish my current read "A Passage to India", if possible. E. M. Forster really, really rocks! Not to forget, to wrap off the day, tonight's double headers: Liverpool vs Manchester United and Arsenal vs Chelsea. Well, that's the plan, better get going.

5 comments:

Winn said...

i wanna watch warlords too.

coz..got leng chais. valid reason? :P

Ivan Chew said...

Hi mrdes, since you're writing about films, I thought I'd tell you about the recently launched library@esplanade blog. You're the FIRST person outside NLB that I'm telling (honest!) You're no stranger to the High Browse Online blog, so the library@esplanade blog might also be up your alley, i.e. some review of films or stuff relating to Performing Arts. If you want to know more about the library@esplanade blog, I'd be happy to share more via email. Cheers!

Whiskoffee said...

i wanna watch warlords too.
soon!

(T) (H) (B) said...

I still owe the library $0.15.. Anw, Vivo's crowd is ridiculous!!

mrdes said...

Hi Winn,

haha...Now that you mentioned it, real eye candies for ladies!

Hi Ivan,

Many thanks, a very interesting blog indeed!

Hi Whiskoffee,

I think you'll love the brilliant battle scenes:)

Hi HB

$0.15 only? I always accumulate until $5+, then cannot borrow anymore:P Hello, this is Singapore okay! Everywhere you go, also crowded!