Thursday, November 01, 2007

Confession of the Day: The Blur King

Confession of the day...

I'm absolutely a blur king - an incredible one, if you haven't already know. But it is a double-edged sword, for I can also act blur - aka ab - to get out of predicaments. One advice though: ab-ing should only be used in scarcity for maximum effect. Not surprising, application takes practise - years of it, trust me.

Anyway, let me elaborate further on my blurriness. Why do I want to do that, you ask? Er, no particular reason, just that I think some self-deprecation is necessary in time of humility. But, why this humility? That's easy, I just suddenly feel humbled...Confused? Well, what do you expect?

To have a better idea of the extent of my blurriness, allow me some illustrations. But before that, bear in mind to swallow your food in case you choke.

Case Study: The Problem with Cards and Keys

Every working day, I would have to walk through a turnstile with my security pass scanned to reach my office building. So, there was this day, as usual, I was queueing at the turnstile with my security pass hanging from my neck. As my turn came, I quickly reached into my back pocket for my wallet containing my EZlink card and brought it down to the scanner. When nothing happened, I paused for a moment before proceeding to try again. I only came to my senses when out of the corner of my eye, a fellow worker was scanning her pass. Imagine the stares of disbelief around me.

Then there was this night, when I came home at about half-past eleven, reached out for my security card and held it against the padlock. Some moments passed before it hit me.

I was never so embarrassed when once I was at the library, attempting to borrow some books on the loan machine. But no matter how gently I glided my Identity card into the machine, it refused to read. So I moved to another machine, surmising technical problem. It took a middle-aged woman who looked like a teacher, to tap my shoulder for attention, before gesturing me to turn my card over, exposing the barcode to the sensor. That certainly wasn't my first time using the machine, but you wouldn't have known.

This morning, I had forgotten my house keys at house, which wasn't the first time. Unfortunately, as my parents were out for dinner with my eldest sister, I was barred from the comfort of my bedroom after work.

Okay, you don't have to tell me. I know, "serve me damn right!"

4 comments:

Whiskoffee said...

at least u din bang into a glass door loud loud in a very crowded public place.

and din walk into the ladies out of sheer blurness...

-.-"

mrdes said...

Gosh, now that you mentioned it, I did once bang into a glass door so loudly and hard that it caused the salesgirl some concern.

(T) (H) (B) said...

Wah.. Many ppl having confessions.. heheh Everyone shd confess!

mrdes said...

And it wasn't easy for me, you know:P