Sunday, September 23, 2007

Two Fat Zeros!

El nino came and went in all of 30 mins. Houses were rocked, but no hell was risen. The sea of red must be weeping, as it cried out for something like a final plunge of the sword into the dragon's belly. Yet, the visitor escaped from Anfield with their pride intact - no tail between their legs. That had me fuming - for a whole 5 mins!

I'm afraid that it's not the Reds's season of victory in the Premier League again, for these are the games that separate a true champion from the pretenders.

The Anfield game was about the only high I had today, after spending most of it insipidly, watching DVDs. The Sound of the Mountain and Spring Snow, screen adaptions of Japanese novels, imbued me with a glowing reverence for both literary giants - my beloved Kawabata and Mishima, respectively.

Well, that completes two fat zeros - one for the Reds, another for me...

No comments: