Monday, June 25, 2007

Utterly Impossible

I'm all exhausted, not physically, not really, but mentally. Still, today being Monday - what else can it be? - I've got load of rambling to be done, so bear with me.

We started the UAT at work on the new system. That only means added workload. And more workload leads to more overtime, which leads to my current state of mind.

Pardon me if my writing seems too heavy at times. Yes, that is what I was told by a fellow blogger in a half-in-jest reply to a comment I left at her blog. Are you surprised? Well, I hope not. For sometimes, in the process of writing, I too feel as if I am dragging my words on the floor as I stumble along in the dark. Writing is also about exploration other than expression. I guess my readers - if there is any out there - have about enough of my erudite side for one night.

You know what? All these are too heavy for a Monday, just like my Toastmasters club's AGM, which had my President locking horns with our secretary. The plus side though, is that the club just about survives. To think we were dying, unmotivated, burnt out - oh, you get the idea. And I especially dread the deathly silence after the emails were sent out for appointment holders and speakers. But we survived all that and more. Don't ask me how, it is just utterly impossible.

We all have a lot to learn in working with one another that is for sure. Like my primary school English teacher Mr Eddie Chua (Wow, I still remember the name) used to say: Teaching a bunch of monkeys like you all is as impossible as dragging a donkey up a tree (or something like that). Yup, we are utterly impossible at times.

PS: I guess I’m not really making any sense here, am I? Especially in the last paragraph...but then again, I can also be utterly impossible.

4 comments:

c a r c a r said...

"Pardon me if my writing seems too heavy at times. Yes, that is what I was told by a fellow blogger in a half-in-jest reply to a comment I left at her blog."


...


she is here :P

mrdes said...

Heehee:P

(T) (H) (B) said...

Hey. If a guy is 31 and if i'm 29 ok mah. Y cannot go for man in his 30s? hahaha =P

mrdes said...

Hi HB. Beats me; go ask that 26 years old girl who cringe and dump me, even though i look younger (this i was told)...haha. wait a min, you 29? can't be lah...