Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Better World

As I strolled up the familiar path to my block, the air was stifling, and the tropical crowns a fading, sombre mass. I glanced up at a pale blue of serenity, untainted, sandwiched between two blocks. Enchanted by it's purity, I strode, head up, like a clown balancing a stick and ball on his red nose. As an innocent child, he looks at every thing akin to miracles. The world is a huge funfair with rides, hotdogs and cotton candies, despite the facades lit up for the pending darkness, tiny strips highlighting vacant cells.

With music plugged to my ears, I couldn't hear a din. The cells looked all deserted, and it did not matter to me. A calamity might as well have annihilated all beings, I wouldn't have cared. This world could have been so much better, that much I believe.

2 comments:

JerL said...

You can make this world better. A little effort is better than no effort and I believe it takes droplets of water to make up the ocean.

mrdes said...

Sometimes, I wish I could be more optimistic...