Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Gravedigger

I write to forget, to detach, to forgive.

As if I am a by-stander looking nonchalantly at this stranger, hands ebony, scraping words like moist soil with a spade into a pit.

So what am I actually burying? My past? My regrets? Albeit all part of me.

And by a burial, am I denying what I am, or used to be?

So going by that chain of thoughts, these posts are like gravestones marked with dates, and this blog my personal cemetery.

And I am the gravedigger...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the metaphor. yes and i agree with you except perhaps you are not burying something into a grave but more of burying a hidden treasure? :P only time will tell... perhaps it is both. and it will take a good treasure hunter to find one while searching through all the others.

mrdes said...

Hi d, you think you caught the positive flip of my metaphor perfectly:)