Friday, March 02, 2007

Too Far Gone...

Some days, I really love to ramble. And they are becoming more and more frequent, like this morning (it's past 12 midnight). Must be my age, I think.

Something sad, or rather pathetic happened to me last Saturday. I have put off talking about it till now. My second eldest sister actually caught me on my way home. She did not call me. In fact, she thought I was talking to someone on my phone, before realising that I was talking to myself. She told me so in a tone too sombre to ignore, and right in front of my mum too. I thought that was inconsiderate, burdening our old mother, knowing well that she worries about almost anything. But mostly I was to blame, for arousing unnecessary concerns. At one point, I even considered the possiblility that I may be too far gone to know how far, if you know what I mean.

2 comments:

JerL said...

I guess it is normal for a toastmaster to love talking so much that one starts talking to oneself. Oh well. Book more speaking slots. Maybe I should invite you to Teach Me Toastmasters Club some day.

Anonymous said...

i used to catch my mom talking to herself. well, she would be practicing something that she would have to say to someone else later. it always embarrassed the heck out of her, but i thought it was cool.