Friday, February 16, 2007

The Winding Path Ahead/Fallen Snow

Age is catching up. I no longer have the energy, or the focus to tie myself for long hours in front of my books, or rather notes. I have at times, grumbled about my studies dragging far too long, at others, about the missed opportunity of a local university education. Some things, once lost, cannot be recovered. Not denying that I enjoy every minute in class, albeit I find it a blessing to be able to continue learning, my commitment is faltering. I do have a target to finish this year, but secretly harbour grave worries. The path ahead, however arduous and winding, still poses a beacon of betterment no matter how one looks at it; the invisible horizon in the mind remains enticing. But is the winter here too soon? I can see my frozen fear, like fallen snow.

No comments: