Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Re-invention

I will try to keep this short. Change is good, change is inevitable. I realised that so long ago I forgot when...

Like a computerised operating system needing a upgrade - both hardware and software - occasionally so as not to end up redundant, irrelevant and a legacy, one needs to stare hard at his reflection in the mirror, dig deep inside his heart and mind, to so-call "re-invent" (one of my favourite words) himself. So these are what I think I need to "upgrade":

Hardware...

1) Hairstyle: my current spiky hairdo betrays my balding skull - glaringly.

2) Bag: I had been feeling the need for sometime to change the backpack I went to office with. I am glad to declare that I just bought a black sling bag from FX Creation a few days back:0)

3) Glasses: The lenses are tainted with scratches and are more than two-years old - need I say more.

4) Shoes: My comfortable but oh-so-cheap pair from Everbest has been working overtime - way past its expiring date - churning out some heroic, stirring performances. Now, a gash cuts across the right mid-sole.

5) Wallet: This has been a faithful companion for like, a century!!

6) Handphone (with MP3 player, camera functions): Now I may have carried it a bit too far...but my phone is at least one and a half years old, and my beloved Red Beauty has just celebrated first anniversary surpassing its warranty.

Software...

1) Relationship: Now, this is absolutely important. I truly need to learn how to allow her gradually, subtly into my life.

2) Career: I know, I had served my time and given the current situation, this is my call to move on - but after the World Cup.

3) Focus: I need it more than ever in my studies, my work and my jogging, swimming regimen - and this is not just empty talk.

The list ends here, of course, barring facelift or plastic surgery being affordable:oP Not surprisingly, I have gone overboard with the length of this posting, and my resolutions.

Witch Hunter Robin was on while posting this entry. It was pure fiction grabbing my interest suggesting that witches are the superior species, successors to humans and mutated descendants of God.

No comments: