Thursday, April 20, 2006

A Spot of Sunshine

I know I know, my so-called little project is nowhere in sight. Hey, words can't just appear out of thin air, you know. I guess I have to shelf my plan till a much later time as I busy myself with class, work, her and illness (cough and migraine: I am not kidding) - though not necessarily in that order. But typically, I had found that bright, brilliant spot of sunshine under dark, heavy clouds of obstacles, to write this tiny piece of work inspired by a DJ on Radio...

Things I should have said to my ex...

when the lady initiated the break-off (*sob, sob*):

1) "Let's see...that will be one zero, zero, zero, five, eight...sing dollars and... no cheque please (added on for effect), thank you" (not that I am "cheap" ok, nothing can buy the expression on her face.)

or

2) "Tell you what...we can still meet for...you know what...that is, of course, if you want to..." (Hey, it's worth a try ok! - even for a slap across the cheek)

I don't think I am nasty...I am just "too nice", you bitch! (*a right uppercut*). The end of the world is here after which, where day is night and night is...hell! - Only for the next few days, or sometimes weeks of course.

Things I should have said to my ex...

for the man to incite the break-off:

3) "I will always be thinking of you..." (In my heart, I will be thinking: "yeah, right, as if you will feel better!" But then, it sounds so romantic, don't you think?)

or

4) "You know, the problem is not you...it's me!" (One of those idiotic stuffs absorbed from late-night re-run of "Friends”: wasn't it Joey who said that?)

or

5) "To be or not to be (your boyfriend)...that is the question!" (Whatever THAT means...no harm bringing in quotations as smoke screen at this point)

I can't remember when the last time I cried for a girl; I almost wish I can. Surrender can't be any sweeter.

No comments: