Thursday, March 02, 2006

If This is A Dream...

How do you miss someone you have never met face to face? I have no idea why, how it happens or for that matter, what is happening. Everything in my life is in a mess, having been turned inside out. My brain is in a mist.

I started the email exchanges, having got her address from a close friend. I never imagined such things happening to me. I am fill with gratitude which I couldn't have expressed adequately for that friend. She works as a pharmacy assistant, has her regular group of badminton clicks and was a Christian until a few years back. Her world comes across as warm, welcoming and engaging through her words. But importantly, she is as interested in knowing more about me as I am about her. And everything about our relationship seems to proceed prefectly, yet naturally. We sms, plan for a movie, she coming to my Toastmasters meeting and so on and so forth. My life is spinning doubly, deliriously fast...ok, it actually seems too good to be true. Or maybe it is just me. I am afraid of waking up rudely to find all this a dream. How devastating it can be, I have no wish to know. If this is only a dream, I would prefer to be in it for the rest of my life. The real world is just too heavy and weary.

No comments: