Saturday, December 24, 2005

A Load of Festive Crap

Holidays are here without much fanfare, I am sorry to say. But then, it is still, at the very least, an appreciated break from the normal routine of work. Gone are the days when I hated the time that I spent away from work. I get to crawl back into my room, into my books and writing. Of course, I will get some time to meet up with friends and see my adorable niece. The thing is that I can't see myself doing the same thing over and over again for the rest of my life and it scares me. Can I really go through my life just like that? What have I done are of great significance then? Surely I can do better? I had made New Year's resolutions (well, sort of) before, only to break them, but I wasn't disappointed in any way. So with that, I just may do it again this year - purely for the sake of tradition, for the sake of...the process. What the heck, having resolutions is definitely better than having none, don't you think?

Then again, holidays are defined by my trusty LONGMAN as "a time of rest from work, school etc" or "a period of time when you travel to another place for pleasure" The making of resolutions seems to be too serious a task for the festive season and to be associated with the words "rest" and "pleasure". Though the process won't cost me any less pleasure, it is just too much work. By the way, I realised that the holidays put me in such a mood that I can even feel myself being more crappy than usual in my entry...so to end, Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to all human being - regardless of race, colour or religion - including myself. The resolutions can wait. It is too good just being alive in this era of diseases, natural disasters and war.

No comments: