Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Keep Smiling...

I have not been myself a few days now. I have been a jerk, bastard or some other thing nastier. It started on Monday, and I tried to write about it yesterday, but the laptop let me down, throwing me into deeper abyss. It is more sadness and disappointment than absurdity or obscurity finding out that Cynthia is indeed happily married. I know I will never meet anyone else like her again. It keeps bugging me how could I not know or attempt to find out such a simple fact sooner. But then all seems not important now. At least we talked about keeping in touch and the holidays - hers with hubby and I with nephews and nieces. Holidays seem too beautiful to be tarnished this way. The pleasure was my really, knowing her and her smile, I said, and she repaid the compliment, saying it was all hers.

PS: She said that her hubby was at first attracted to her smile too - just like me. Cynthia, you will keep smiling, won't you? - If not for me, at least for your hubby.

No comments: