Thursday, October 13, 2005

Of Healing, Analysing and Learning...

When I first started writing a diary, it occurred to me then it can be a healing process or a therapy of some sort, such is the power of words. Then I realised it is simply an analysing exercise, forcing the writer to see things from various different angles before deciding on that specific thought or perception that is closest to his heart. Writing, perhaps mirroring life, mellows in the writer's flaws and subjectivity. In building up our character and personality, at each point of time, we have to learn to decide what values to embrace or discard, and that is where we mellow. Above all, writing is a learning process where I take stock of time passed, slow-motion it down almost to being frozen and muse on what I can learn.

A story about my NS life (The Blue Dolphin) has been finally published at MIW.com. It is not so much that I am proud of it being selected - and not deleted from some publisher's PC - but that I have learnt stuffs I could never imagine, in the process of writing it. And that is what counts.

No comments: