Wednesday, June 29, 2005

War of the Office II

I heard the battle cry first thing in the morning as I reached my office. The Big Buffalo was retailating, fighting tooth and nail with the Screamer/Schemer. The Screamer/Schemer had earlier accused her correctly that some tasks which required her attention was half untouched. The procedure for the tasks was being spelled out comprehensively in an earlier email, but it seemed to come in one ear, go out the other. The Big Buffalo was barking and banking on the fact that the nature of the tasks was not related to her original job scope. But the way that she was reverting, it seems that there is more than what meets the eyes. My guess is she has been unhappy since being given the extra tasks, although system generated statistics (which she has hotly contested)has shown that her work volume has dropped drastically. Now, she seems to be picking bone in egg by asking why was she allocated the task, when it was given to her a month away. I came to know that apparently, Hitler's Young had waved away her appeal mercilessly then. To be honest, to me, statistics don't lie. I would do the same if I was her boss. Perhaps, by doing so, I could saved her job. Don't get me wrong here;the only reason for my concern for her is purely due to the fact that I don't wish to see any fellow colleague losing his job.

No comments: