Saturday, March 18, 2023

Qualified to be a Gigolo (Written half-in-jest)

The nature of my job is such that part of it involves dealing with HR personnels from myriad business entities. At times I have to advise them directly over a phone conversation in navigating a website. This is in view of the facts that I am unable to access the system live, and how our government has strongly advocated a smart nation mindset, yet we are facing an aging population trying to catch up with the speed of technological disruption. So it is easy to perceive the size of my ordeal. Now, there is no sexism here, but most of the HR personnels I cross sword with, happens to be females of advance ages. Alright, I am guessing here, judging the persons behind the voices over the phone: part of my job hazard. But you can trust me here, given the number of calls I made a working day. 

I must have mentioned before that I have a shortage of patience, with myself, and others; I like to get things moving fast. And guiding aged women on a monitor screen that you cannot see takes god-like patience and grit, to name a few things. It is almost like the role of a medieval jester with an entertaining balancing act, perhaps with three balls in hands, jovial all the way. At this point you may think that I am ill-suited for this role, and rightly so. But I do have other strengths and I have trained hard - especially in terms of removing mental barriers and boundaries - to be what I am doing now at the office. So it is only right to say that I have acquired certain level of competency in "entertaining" aged women. In other words, I find myself qualified to be a gigolo! Shocking but true. All I need is some upgrade: an facial one in Seoul, a hair-growing one with Beijing 101 and such, and lastly a few trips to Armani to complete the trick. LIke all businesses there must be monetary and time investment, which comes with their respective risks. Still, I am only that few steps away from being a gigolo.            

No comments: