Friday, March 12, 2021

Snow

Snow

How deep you dig through
The layered snow, you"ll never
Find the warmth of spring.

-------

I have a philosophy that I am going to apply to my reading and writing, borrowed from my running: doing something is better than doing nothing. Amidst falling snow, that is the enfeebling, aching years, recovery from runs slows down, hence, the need to make adjustment, to "manage" the aches and pains. In other words, if you are still feeling the strain despite the rest day, take it easy on your next running day. When it comes to reading and writing, concentration fades easily, fatigue of the mind sets in. So I will just read and write what I want to. So I will have various books with me all the time, and I will read whatever I feel comfortable with at that moment in time. Well, you take what you can. Period.  

No comments: