Tuesday, December 18, 2012

News of the Week

He could have been jailed for 121 years, you know.

"I can't believe it! Another government official caught with his pants down!", that's how I started my SMS's reaction on ex-MP Michael Palmer's extramarital affair. Hands up who think there wasn't sex involved - it's like asking readers which of Pi's stories in the novel, "Life of Pi", he finds more plausible. I prefer the first, of course, but honestly, the second rings the bell of truth louder.

"Ah Boys to Men" broke the box-office record and has become the highest grossing Singapore film. I told you so, I told you so.

My beloved Lions soccer team is in the AFF Suzuki Cup 2012 Final. And I think we stand a chance to be crowned for the fourth time if we can defend as a unit over the two legs to keep clean sheets. I can't wait for the first leg tomorrow. My current favourite player: Isa Halim (jersey No. 4) - I watched him play for Home United where he can dominate the midfield completely and single-legged-ly, and he controlled the tempo to calm the Lion XII's players down when defending, or before launching another attack. And I've spotted another future Lions: Safirul Bin Sulaiman (Jersey No. 28); this lad packs a cultured left foot and can attack or defend - you heard it here first.

Now, this is sad, and I'd rather not talk about it. Perhaps it's time for US to re-think their stand on guns control.

No comments: