Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Top 10 Favourite Poems - 2010

Now, I've got to admit I have been lazy - make that very lazy - in my reading. Lacking discipline, I bounced from book to book, half-finished each, before returning again; at other times, they disappeared to hide in my shelf. There were plenty of poetry collections though. So this year, for a change, I will just introduce some of my favourite poems in 2010, in no particular order:

1) "Mirror" by Sylvia Plath
2) "Accompaniment" by W.S. Merwin
3) "Pearls" by Lee Ann Roripaugh
4) "Wind and Window Flowers" by Robert Frost
5) "Song of the Last Meeting" by Anna Akhmatova
6) "Love After Love" by Derek Walcott
7) "Waterlights" by Teng Qian Xi
8) "Swans" by Mary Oliver
9) "This be the Verse" by Philip Larkin
10) "The Tunnel" by Mark Strand

Enjoy!

No comments: