Sunday, March 14, 2010

North East Run 2010

My first running event for 2010, and my first 16 KM run too. I have trained pretty hard for this, still, it was tiring, really tiring. But it was worth it as I met my target of finishing within 1 hour and 45 minutes. Imagine the satisfaction, whoopee! The first 5 KM I ran wasn't my best by any account. Perhaps it was the running up and down of overhead bridges. And I lost my acceleration upon reaching the 10 KM, unlike my REAL Run last year, where I felt stronger towards the end. Still, I maintained a steady pace till finish.I am showing off my new Asics running shoe. The cushioning is unbelievable. And the New Balance socks I was wearing really prevent blisters. At Clementi MRT station about 5 AM waiting for the chartered bus to take me to the starting point.At the starting pointing at 6.15 AM. Sorry about the quality of the picture - Coolpix S210 does not seem to do well in darkness.Much better this time. Taken after the run under dazzling sunlight. Was too tired to take more pictures. Bye-bye NE Run 2010, see you next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job! It was a great 16km run even though we have to cross a total of 5 overhead bridges. HAHA.. Anyway it was Good Sunday Morning Run eh? Btw, which model of the Asics Shoes were you trying out?

mrdes said...

Indeed, I have to agree with you that it was a good run...the turnout was great! I was running with Asics Gel-1150 (see: http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/shoefinder_detail/1,,s6-240-325-329-0-0-0-0-1732,00.html)

Thanks for dropping by:)