1) Never, never shoot the messenger of truth, no matter how harsh it is. When confronted, always ask yourself why. In this way, you get the most out of the situation, no matter how bad.
2) When in doubt, and the matter looks too grave for another mistake, honesty is always the best policy.
3) Patience has to be one of the most underrated virtue.
4) Always be fair to others. In most circumstance, if someone has stabbed you in your back, most probably it's because he is facing a situation where it's either you or him to face the doom. Not that the act is forgivable, no, but be more forgiving, for you may do the same thing given the chance. And there will always be another day.
5) I quote Orson Welles: "We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone."
6) Life is only full when filled with passion, hope and love for all mankind. This I have learnt the really hard way.
7) To live life simply, is to live life peacefully. But, is that what you want? That's the choice you make.
8) Life is not about how fast you run, but how long you last.
9) Loneliness is but a state of mind. Just like passing rain.
10) It never ceases to amaze me, how humans show the resilience to live in the toughest of situations, as if the mind has the ability to reformat, restructure itself. Your back can be broken, but seldom your mind.
11) At one point, we all have to learn to let go, of one's regrets, emotions, sorrows and grievances, so as to continue living. For one, you can't judge fairness, such are the pains or wrongs we inflict on each other.
12) What is the price of identity? In my case, alienation from this haven of self-centredness? So be it, so be it. This is a world without stranger, really, if you care to open your heart: we are all the same, like the trees, the flowers, the plants, the sea, the wind, all part of nature. So, give your love.
P.S.: Now, now, I am beginning to sound like a nagging uncle.