Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Saturday's Worth of Ranting at the Library

This is mrdes blogging from a library situated in the west. Finally connected wireless on my new MSI notebook after much ado! Well, mrdes can be an absolute imbecile when it comes to IT. Though I'm learning. And I still have not set up my network at home after procuring the notebook at the IT show last week, how pathetic!

The flu bug hit me for almost the whole of this week, and I was busy at work. But the week before, I managed to catch "Departures", the Oscar winner for Best Foreign Film, with KL. It was heartwarming, comical and touching - you simply have to watch it! Having said that, I can't help adding that it's a standard Japanese tearjerker no less.

My fiction reading has somehow stalled, as most mornings and on bus-trips, I stuff myself with news from around the world, or simply knock off. It's a sad, angry world out there, and I feel so sheltered at times. Intermittently, I'm reading "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Now, I have to go take my dinner.

Hey, why is the girl in loud pink sitting beside me staring at my screen? You mean to say normal people don't blog at library?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahoy!

just letting you know i'm still around reading your blog =P

best wishes
=)

(T) (H) (B) said...

I'm on MC right now.. Hope u r feeling better.

Anw, Willynn is a hottie!