Friday, November 28, 2008

After Work

I was back at work today, feeling light-hearted and composed. Yet, I don't know what came over me after work. It was like someone had forced his fist into my heart, only to grab it hard, squeezing every last drip of blood, leaving it all empty. I was lifeless, insipid. Life suddenly held no meaning to me.

What's happening to my life? What's happening to this world? Where do I go wrong? How does peace-loving Thailand get into such a mess? And what about Ah-Bian?

Walking to the coffee shop to take my dinner, a young couple was sharing some finger food. How lovely they looked, both heads close and drooping, frisky hands with skewers poking in a plastic bag, as if they were in an intimate world of their own. Life can't be that bad if pleasure can be sought even in the simplest of things. I guess I just wasn't looking hard enough.

1 comment:

(T) (H) (B) said...

Sometimes we have to care less and we'll be so much happier. =)