Monday, October 13, 2008

World-Weariness

I am sick and tired. All this news about recessions (US, Europe?), political crises (Thailand, Malaysia?) and foreign workers (residents of Serangoon Garden - shame on you! Your only concern is the drop in property price, isn't it? So, don't talk about security - this is still the safe, low-crime Singapore, okay!) - I have had enough!

For me, having a blog does bring about this anguish of knowing more about current affairs. For one, the happenings make great posts. Then, there is blog-hopping. Though, I am not complaining. No. Really. Well, maybe...just a little.

On the other hand, books, I realised, are great escape into different era, realms of thoughts and spectrum of emotions. At this time, nothing is closer to the truth.

Okay, enough whining. Even for a Monday.

mrdes has left the building.

No comments: