Thursday, May 01, 2008

Another Season, Another Heartbreak

So the dream ended this morning. For the Reds, that is. Heads will roll. First to go: Rafael Benitez. No, not just because of this Champion League's defeat - and of all team, to a football club with a woman's name (Now, I am not being sexist here. I mean if you name a woman's soccer team Chelsea, by all means, go ahead.). But more because of the failure to challenge for the Premier league crown. Liverpool is now behind the two front-runners by a massive 11 points, when they should be within touching distance.

Another season, another heartbreak. The patience is wearing thin. But I've learnt to detach myself, to refrain from being emotionally entangled. No swearing, no frustration. There is always the next season. That's what I tell myself. Scarce consolation. I know, scarce consolation.

My money is on Scholes and company to complete the double. Because there are only a few faces that I dislike, and one of them happens to be Drogba's: he of the rubbery, huge lower lips, and droopy eyelids. And no, this has nothing to do with him scoring two goals.

3 comments:

chartao said...

I just don't understand why Torres had to be taken off during extra time??

Hope my beloved Manchester United will not fall prey to Chelsea in EPL and Champion League!

mrdes said...

I thought Rafael should have taken off Torres at half-time and brought on Peter Crouch - he has a good scoring record against Chelsea. But then, Torres scored:P. You know what, all of us at the office is behind Manchester United, so keep your fingers crossed.

(T) (H) (B) said...

Man U n Chelsea better lose all matches.. A bit impossible but still.. :p