Thursday, April 10, 2008

Introducing, The Rushes...

These days are really, really tiring. Must be my age...

Someone new in my office, which I failed to mention before, let's just call her "The Rushes*" (for her slimness, physical height, and tendency to bend to the current) for now.

She had worked for a local Distinguished Bank of Significance for a number of years. I must say I kind of like her, for her calmness and non-aggressive stance. She adopts that "everybody is happy and fine" outlook. A little like Cher. Before any misunderstanding grows, let the truth be revealed: she is married. Thus, definitely not a love interest. I know, I can be kind of sensitive when it comes to new colleague of the female species. That's the way things were drilled into my head by Hitler's Young, but that's another story.

Now, where do I start. The thing about working in my office, or as a matter of fact, any office, is that one must be a bloody good speaker, that is besides, being a good worker. For, in the complexity of fact and the human mind, truths can be turned into lies and vice versa, all depending on your gift of the gab, or lack of it. (Now, at this point, if you haven't a blob of idea what I'm driving at, my apologises, I'm again hampered by my incompetent command of English. Either that, or I'm just rambling. Okay, most probably the former.)

So, that's how "The Rushes" lost a battle against one of the branches, in front of the big boss (the one with the unique skin-colour and who protects her own kind). The verdict was that we lacked a strong representation and presence from "The Rushes". The consequence of our defeat would take time to reveal itself. Never mind about that, we all like her enough to brave the fire together, which I guess, is the most important.

PS: I know, I'm just tired of the war...

*Longman's definition: a type of tall grass that grows in water; often used for making basket. On-line Dictionary's definition: any grasslike plant of the genus Juncus, having pithy or hollow stems, found in wet or marshy places

1 comment:

(T) (H) (B) said...

Protect their own kind? heh..