Thursday, January 31, 2008

Kite Runner - the Movie

This one will be short. After posting consecutively for 3 days, even I'm feeling burnt out...

The thing about print-to-screen movie is that no matter how hard the scriptwriter tries, he simply can't offer more than what the author already has. Indeed, a novel consists of richness in expression of thoughts, emotions and that bright spark of humanity and life, which often leaves the movie a plain shadow. Kite Runner is one such instance. Still, it was worth the ticket price simply for sticking close to the novel, putting words into pictures, though my favourite scene of Amir praying piously in a hospital was unceremoniously excluded. I would only recommend this movie to those who have read the novel.

2 comments:

(T) (H) (B) said...

How to print screen ah? I wanna keep the results of my post but I'm a computer idiot. haha

mrdes said...

Er, print screen? Are you kidding me? You're talking to a IT moron, you know...haha