Saturday, September 29, 2007

Movie Overdose

I think this is bloody unhealthy: 5 movies in two weeks, not to mention the DVDs. No, no regret with the Japanese film festival: Tokyo Marigold coming up top, follows by Moon & Cherry and Life can be so wonderful. Moon & Cherry especially, was a unique Asian comedy, one of its kind; the Americans will not understand it, I swear. I was still laughing while telling KL about it. I feel sorry for the moviegoers who have missed the festival.

This week was all about the bad movies, those that I rather not have watched if I've known better. Firstly, there was Balls of Fury. Seriously, the producers need to take a leaf out of Stephan Chow's book. "What part of "sudden death" did you not understand?": that was about the funniest thing said in the movie that promised 无厘头 in abundance, but delivered little. Last evening, it was Legendary Courtesan, which I rather not talk about, other than that it was on par, if not worse than April Snow. Did I ever mention that while it's star Bae Yong-Joon was crying - complete with a long stream of mucus dangling from his nose - all the women in the cinema cried too, and we were laughing in unison. I feared for our lives then, such was his drawing power.

I've thought of staying away from the cinema for a while, yet I know for sure there will be more, with Ang Lee's Lust, Caution a must-watch, Stardust due for release on 1st Nov 2007, and The Detective a strong proposition.

I must really be blogging too much, am I? Seriously...

No comments: