Saturday, June 23, 2007

Post-dated: 12 noon Saturday

I am having my packet of Nasi Lemak (coconut rice) for brunch, after going to bed late, or rather early this morning. Precious time was spent watching DVDs, Japanese anime that I borrowed from the library. Grave of the Fireflies, Howl's Moving Castle, and Inuyasha now sit under my bed. Too bad, I have to do this all alone, but that's life and another story. Grave of the Fireflies, a war story, was moving in its simplicity, while the rest was worth watching a second time, which I was doing.

On another note, people are quitting like monkeys from a falling tree (borrowed from a chinese proverb),from my new employer: from the HR department to the tour guiding business unit. I am not surprised anyway and see myself as a bystander; what is medicine to one may be poison to another, so there is no comparison.

As I was saying before my deliberate digression, I am eating - with chopsticks provided by the stallholder that is. So what's the big deal you ask? Nothing, it is just that the chopsticks are ineffective in picking up the well-cooked grains of rice, but I was scooping them bit by bit into my mouth without much awareness, while at the same time, blog-hopping and net-surfing. I am sure this is ominous somehow, but of what, I haven't quite figure it out. Excuse me while I go get a spoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is there a metaphor hiding in there? i watch grave of fireflies and it was quite moving.. very sad actually. i went back to the more happy/silly anime after that.

oh yes.. what i wanted to say. i have been going to movies by myself and found out i enjoy movies much more when i watch them alone. go figure :P

mrdes said...

Hi d, there is a metaphor indeed, but I am not saying:P

By the way, I watch movies by myself too:P