Saturday, June 02, 2007

Naught Matters II - The Afterthoughts

Afterthoughts: You know what, if I were to show much concern about this world, I’m sure I would go insane, such is its decadence. On another hand, ignoring it, living on my own terms, offers a disposition of individualism, freedom, yet also alienation, and inadvertently, a quick death, going by what I understand from Albert Camus’s The Outsider. Here, it boils down to whether I want to be that boy who throws starfishes back to the sea. But seriously, what is the odd…

At first, it was like my soul being split into two, but with time, it gets easier, without the onerous conscience, and the binding value system of old, which cast doubting clouds in identity and being truly alive.

Well, if you have understood anything from these two posts, congratulation! Welcome to the “cuckoo” club!

And some last words: I rather be a jester than a saint...and no, I didn't come out with that.

1 comment:

Whiskoffee said...

one qn for you...

shd u live to a ripe old age, and u looked back at ur life, will it be filled with regrets bcos of doing naught-thing?

mull over it bah...