Monday, August 28, 2006

The Second Wave; Bitching about Office...

I swear I am going to show the next person who says government job is a bed of roses, that my knuckles are harder than his skull. No more iron rice bowl, they said. Fine, I can accept that; I am not so averse to change. Seriously, day in and day out, you see your immediate boss chattering away (help! It's raining saliva! Or worst, it's flooding!), or like today, spending her times cutting and folding paper hearts for charity, you wonder - nearly aloud! And at the end of the day, she has the gut to declare she does OT more than anyone else. Of course, we all know the reason why. How I wish that it is not the old hierarchy system that dampened my spirit. But then, who is kidding who? All I can do is zipped my fucking mouth up with my head down focusing on my own work. I pray for justice to lay its iron hand on those well-observing bootlickers, "giants" who refuse to dance and what have you. Wake up people! The tide of change is crashing in! Someday, I predict, there will be a tsunami, as I prepare myself for higher ground. Damn! The boss is retiring soon. Perhaps too soon before the wave...before what the management called the second wave...

5 comments:

qwertyler said...

r u workin in the NLB?
i'm a civil servant too.
GTT is from GTO.

mrdes said...

heehee...no, I am not working in NLB. My apologises, I will not reveal the Ministry I am working in, inorder not to spread undue fear of retrenchment and such.

Sibeh Sian said...

Evil bosses are everywhere :(! Sibeh sian :(

sÞ¡ηηєє said...

What to do? the pappies are still up there.
the culture is set by THEM.

anyway, i myself in GLC. so i know, it SUCKS hella. take care

(T) (H) (B) said...

All jobs are shit!