Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Stupidest Things

Okay. South Korea National soccer team sucks big time; might as well let our young lions play, or Malaysia. Slightly sidetracking, I am coming clean on what exactly happened last night: I left a comment on Kenny Sia's blog hoping to win a pair of tickets to Jamie Cullum's Jazz concert. And this is my entry:

Q: "What is the stupidest thing you've ever done to get something you want?"

A: Now this is embarrassing. When I first started working, I noticed my computer monitor switching to screen saver. So I asked my supervisor what to do to make the computer go back to normal. She replied:"Oh, touch it loh" So I gave the computer a light slap by the side of the monitor. Obviously, nothing happened.

Well, you know what? I was short-listed as one of the finalists among a list of over 140 entries. But too bad, by the time I finally reached home, logged on and replied with my postal address to Kenny, the winner was already announced. However, on hindsight, I have no reason to be exultant, considering that I had done one of the stupidest things out of 140 Singaporeans. Then again, it was all done in the name of fun. And in all honesty, I don't actually know much about Jamie Cullum. But I am glad to see so many Singaporeans leaving their "stupidest thing" entries on the blog. It shows we are actually funny, creative and spontaneous people. The same goes to the Malaysians!

No comments: