Friday, June 02, 2006

I Thank You...

At times, when I feel down on my luck, I would whisper this prayer:

Oi’ whoever up there, I THANK YOU!
I see I really have a lot to be thankful for...
I have my parents to thank for putting in the extra hours
in their bed before I, er, was created;
for putting me through school,
even though the law requires them to,
even though I doubt years of schooling had adequately
prepared me for this life.

I am truly thankful for failures,
in order to get used to being a loser;
chocolate, car and credit card
in order to know love
(now I know why I haven't found it);
gossip, booze and loneliness
in order to know friendship.
For all of that, I should be
grateful for eternity.

PS: This was first written months ago but always seemed to be lacking something unfathomable. So the "corpse" raises from its coffin that is my hard disk with a little twitching. But of course, that was my evil half speaking. So my decent, boy-next-door half has this to say:

I am truly thankful for falling,
in order to be strong;
giving and heart-breaking,
in order to know love;
forgiveness and helplessness,
in order to know friendship;
ignorance and failings
in order to know wisdom.
For all of that, I should be
grateful for eternity.

May the force of innocence and faith triumphs in the battle of darkness...

No comments: