Monday, September 26, 2005

The Actor

Every little bit of her news was like a fresh breath of air. Cynthia is the latest member to join our club. I couldn't be happier as I will get to see her at least once a month. I suspect all this have something to do with me. I was the one who made the introduction that precious night. And this morning, her friend, Wendy who is also a Toastmasters called. Amid the chit-chat and nagging about the increased membership fees, Wendy was also concerned about the shortage of project speakers for the October meeting. I was pretty quick to suggest for her to ask Cynthia. Perhaps, she could even be registered in time for the meeting, I advised. My words were to Wendy's liking. At least, she felt more positive with less anxiety about the meeting, I thought. By afternoon, the news had filtered through that she had agreed to the membership pending the completion of some forms. I hid my pleasure as my friend, KL announced it, even pretending to have forgotten the person and only recalling with his prompting as the lady who visited the club the last time. I can be a damn good actor at times, I know.

No comments: