Friday, May 13, 2005

The Exchange.

I have learnt over the years the importance of communication in any kind of relationships. I am glad that my immediate colleague agreeds with me on this point. Let us just called her J. J is a mother of one daughter and is in her late forties. Basically, we have been working together for the past two years. As in any relationships, there had been hiccups here and there, but somehow we always managed to survive the numerous ordeals. Sometimes, I thought I see shades of myself inside her. At other time, it is the other way around. I guess this means either that we are not too different or that we had influenced each other, consciously or sub-consciouslly. Sad to say, there are things I would never like about her and my guess is she feels the same way too. No matter how much I attempt to compromise on my part, the result would still be unfavourable. So I would leave it as that. Although, I feel that she could have also took a step back and look at the big picture, but she never did, according to what I can see. So I learn to leave her as she is and to ask her to leave me as I am. I think that is only fair.

No comments: