Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day Special

No, I am not going to be bitter about anything. What? Is it Valentine's Day already?! Blah, there goes my week!

I have a history of blocking out things that threaten my peace of mind, beginning with my BMT (Basic Military Training). I guess writing helps a little with its self-healing, self-learning properties. But did I ever mention that it also serves as self-entertainment magnificently? Well, let’s see (I swear: nothing erotic or sad, just a simple love story; I am a straight, sweet guy, remember?)…

"A Short, Simple Love Story…

They met, they saw. ”You want me? I want you…” their eyes spoke. And we all know what is going to happen after (*yawn*).

~~~ THE END ~~~"

You want it, you have it. Too short and simple you say? Didn’t I already warn you?? In truth, I have never liked the happy-ever-after ending. It distorts the fact that love requires lot of hard work; from courtship, communicating to compromising (see, I have 3 Cs already), but I know it is all worth it. And I had kept my promise of nothing EROTIC or SAD. For Valentine's Day shouldn’t be one for either. It is a celebration of love, not lust or self-pity. Happy Valentine's Day / Friendship's Day to all! Roses - anyone? And I suddenly feel like a love-struck teenager all over again.

Readers’ Note: This entry in no way serves as a self-promotion piece for potential female suitors.

No comments: