Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Introducing "The Goat"

So, we have a new colleague at work. He introduced himself as a man of few words. Or should I say, no word. Really, I wonder how a being can spend his day so quietly...alright, I am speaking from my own experience. Fair enough, but seriously, all I know about him is that he is a Juventus's fan, and the eldest in his family with two siblings. Let's just call him The Goat, for the simple reason that I was reminded of a children story in which a goat shared his name beginning with the letter B. Now, The Goat has been with us for about 2 weeks, in which, he was J's (oh, another new colleague for a few months now; a fun, cool guy, with boundless generosity.) and my lunch buddy. Undeniably, lunch with him was unbearable for me, suffocating almost. I, of all people, apart from occasional STD (Small Talk Disorder), pride myself on being a conversationalist for my ability to get people talking, although, I can be infuriating at times with my incessant "interrogation", but that's another story. Still, he spoke less than two short sentences during lunch today, and the egoistic side of me cringed. Like the Chinese saying, loosely translated: "Where to put my face in?"

No comments: