Tuesday, January 15, 2008

No Goodbye

I had a fairly pleasurable day at the office despite working my ass off. Even that sales-boy at Robinson being too callow didn't dampen my spirit.

It was drizzling as I walked down Orchard Road, hunting for dinner, which was settled by a bento set at Taka. I doubt I ever mentioned before that I simply love grilled salmon.

You know what they say about not missing things until they are not there any more. Well, I really, truly miss the library@Orchard. I miss the visits after browsing at Kinokuniya. I never did say my goodbye.

After I took my bath on reaching home, I went on-line and horror of horrors, I found her gone. An emptiness descended, as if a piece of me is lost forever.

Admittedly, I first stalked her from highbrowse where she wrote one of the finest book review I know. Never stopped reading her blog, and never thought this day would come.

Not even a goodbye. Life sucks.

PS: I left comments at her blog, never knowing her personally, what goodbye I expect? Silly me. Two good blogs gone in two months - the first was hers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sucks.. i also miss trompe loeil blog a lot...

(T) (H) (B) said...

I'm not closing mine.. so don't be sad.. hahahaha :p

mrdes said...

Hi d,

Gosh, imagine how I felt when I came to know his blog being hacked...

Hi HB,

Now, I wonder why I never saw that coming...haha

(T) (H) (B) said...

Haha... kns..