Monday, September 17, 2007

I've got a date this Sunday; that, I promise...

A tiny crimson butterfly fluttered softly, breathlessly above the hedges, disappeared into the foliage momentarily, before flitting in the light breeze, as if dangling by a thin thread in the clear navy blue sky. Birds chirped brightly in the nearby grove; oh, how joyous, their songs. Yet, the fresh morning air evinced quietude.

On a narrow track, I had my running shoes all soiled. My breath came in short gusts. It came to me if I were to lose balance or let my foot slip on my right, it would be downhill all the way. My run slowed to a snail's pace, curbing my fear.

Soon, fatigue set in. Gladly so, if only to beget the aesthetic pleasures of Mother Nature's creations seeping into every senses. The rays beaming gaily through the green canopy bounced off the dews on the leaves. Molecular prisms flashing warm rainbow light almost blinded me as I came before a magical world.

PS: I'm missing the Sunday run up Bukit Timah Hill.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really enjoyed reading this.

mrdes said...

Glad to hear that:)