Thursday, August 02, 2007

In love...

I fell in love all over again, when I never thought I could...

Like the soft scent of fresh flowers that lingers after you have walked through a garden, the short story, First Snow on Fuji by Mr Kawabata, with light touches of sentimentalism, hit all the right chords in my heart, stirring up a whirlpool of emotions inexpressible, in existence even now.

Perhaps having read his other works helped. Perhaps it was the far-away light in ebony darkness of sea that enticed me whatever I looked up from the book in Page One bookstore. I thought I could hear the undulating waves perfecting their dance of nature under the pallid moon beyond the wide windowpane. In anyway, I just could not put down the collection of short stories, some of the later works of Mr Kawabata, written during his tour of Japan to promote the art of literature. With a gnawing obsession, I just wanted to know how the love grows between Jiro and Utako, how they are separated by the war in their youth, and will they end up together, or with regrets, when they meet by chance eight year after.

5 comments:

(T) (H) (B) said...

Romance somehow always works doesn't it?

mrdes said...

haha...no, only with Kawabata:P

Whiskoffee said...

love is in the air...

mrdes said...

Whiskoffee: the world is most beautiful in your eyes when you are in love...and I'm refering to you...haha:P

Whiskoffee said...

=)